YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 19, 2013

Lego Stop Action Film

I was a kindergarten teacher for 6 years, but I have discovered that I LOVE teaching the upper grades as well.  I get chuckles (instead of blank stares) when I crack a lame joke :)  Every student is very interested in STEM and enjoyed their first project of building a tower with only 10 post-it notes.  Next goal - to not disappoint with their grade specific projects!

For 5th grade I decided to start with something that I too was interested in learning more about.  With our STEM grant, we also received iMovie to put on our iPads.  I wanted to use this to make a stop-action lego film with the 5th graders.  When I realized it wouldn't be installed by the time I needed it (and I wouldn't have time to become familiar with it myself in advance), I had to get resourceful!  Enter Lego Movie Maker App! ** update: Lego Movie Maker went universal!  It is now iPad friendly!**  All students have to do is take pictures (lots!) and add music and the app does the rest!  I'll post the finished products soon.

I love prezis (can't you tell) so I made one for the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment